Kindergarten - Mrs. Lori Brogdon
I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO (Go Chiefs) and moved to the Bay Area (Foster City) over 20 years ago. Education is a second career for me and I am so blessed to be doing what I love. I taught Pre-school and Pre-K for 12 years in Burlingame and am passionate about Early Childhood Education. I recently returned to graduate school to complete my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. This is my fourth year teaching Kindergarten at Beresford.
I am the proud mom of two very active boys. Nickolas, (18) is a Senior at Hillsdale High School and Matthew (14) is an eighth grader at Bowditch Middle School. My husband, Michael, and I recently renewed our vows on our 20th wedding anniversary this past summer! Our beloved German Shepherd, Kodi, keeps us moving each day. Running, reading, soccer games and trips to the beach are weekend favorites of mine.
Kindergarteners amaze me each and every day. I learn from them, grow with them and celebrate successes with them. I am excited to teach them all the wonders of learning.
Messages from Mrs. Brogdon
- Please make sure to attend the Monday morning announcements in the LGI
- Please label ALL belongings: jackets, lunch boxes, water bottles
- Please check the bulletin board outside our classroom door for upcoming events and volunteer opportunities
What we're learning
- Front/Back Cover of Book
- Location of Title of Book
- Author/Illustrator's Role
- Make predictions
- Talk about my favorite picture
- How is the character Feeling? How do you know?
- Re-tell the story
- Think: has this ever happened to me?
Read daily and use your BEAR Card questions
- Counting Collections: counting miscellaneous objects to 100. How can we count? Make a plan. Would sorting make it easier? How will I keep track of the items I've already counted (move them aside? put in a cup? ) Group by 10's, group by 5's..Group by 2's : Record what you have counted onto a recording sheet. Draw a picture representing how you counted. Does the drawing match the actual items counted? Can you write the corresponding number correctly? Can you explain your quantity to someone?
Thank you, as always, for your support!
Things we could use in Room #2
- Black Dry Erase Markers (fat/large)
- Side Walk Chalk for Recess Play
- Play- Doh
Mrs. Lori Brogdon
Upcoming Classroom/Beresford Events:
August 24- Back to School BBQ 6-8pm
September 19-LifeSkills Day: Volunteers Needed
September 24-28 Book Fair: Volunteers Needed
September 26-Math Night: Volunteers Needed
October 3- Walk to School
October 8-19-Fall Break/No School
October 26-Field Trip-Arata Farms
October 31-Fall Fair: Volunteers Needed
November 13-16 -Parent/Teacher Conferences 12:40pm Release All Week
November 21-23-Thanksgiving Break-No School
December 20-Minimum Day Early Dismissal @ 12:40pm
December 21-January 4-Winter Break-No School
February 6-LifeSkills Day (#2) : Volunteers Needed
February 25-31-Literacy Week: Volunteers Needed
February 27-Literacy Night/Family Engagement-All Parents/Families Encouraged to attend
March 15-Field Trip to San Jose Discovery Museum
March 29-Minimum Day Early Dismissal @ 12:40pm
April 1-12-Spring Break-No School
March 28- April 8-Spring Break
May 8-Fun Run
May 23-Field Trip to Elkus Ranch
May 30-Student Led Conferences/Open House
May 30-Art Show-Volunteers Needed
June 7-Dance Party-Volunteers Needed
June 20-Last Day of School
8:25- morning Work
8:45- Calendar/Agenda/Morning message9:00 9:15 -Readers Workshop
9:40- PE/Small Group Reading instruction
11:40- Brain Break
11:45- Writer's Workshop
12:45 Pack up
12:55 Read Aloud
1:05 Dismissal: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
12:40 Dismissal: Wednesday
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday , Friday-P.E.
Wednesday: Technology/Computer Lab
*Book Bags due back every Thursday *